| Quick Details |
| Product name || pyrogallic acid |
|Application|| Industrial Grade |
| Place of Origin ||CN;SHA|
|Usage|| Cosmetic Raw Materials |
| Brand Name ||Keolie|
|Appearance|| White Crystalline Powder |
|Assay|| HPLC 99% |
| Model Number || KL-pyrogallic acid |
|Storage|| Cool Dry Place |
|MOQ|| 1 KG |
| Shelf Life || 24 Months |
|Classification|| Carboxylic Acid |
| Grade Standard || Food Grade |
| CAS No. ||87-66-1|
|Grade|| Industry Garde |
| Other Names || Pyrogallic Acid |
| EINECS No. ||201-762-9|
Packaging & Delivery
- Selling Units:
- Single package size:
- 16 x 15 x 7 cm
- Single gross weight:
- 1 kg
Keolie Supply 87-66-1 pyrogallic acidPyrogallic Acid, also known as 1,2,3-Trihydroxybenzene, 1,2,3-Benzenetriol , Pyrogallic acid, Pyrogallol. At room temperature, it is a white shiny crystalline powder that tastes bitter and slowly turns dark gray when exposed to the air. Slow heating can sublimate. soluble in water. The aqueous solution gradually turns dark when exposed to air, and the caustic soda aqueous solution discolors quickly. Soluble in ethanol and ether, slightly soluble in benzene, chloroform, carbon disulfide. The pyrogallic acid is flammable. It is a toxic chemical and its toxicity is similar to that of phenol. It has a strong irritating effect on the skin, eyes and mucous membranes. Inhalation, skin contact and ingestion are harmful and can cause melanin deposition in the skin. Harmful to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects on the aquatic environment and may have irreversible consequences. It is mainly used as raw materials and intermediates for chemical reagents, chemical and pharmaceuticals. The formula is C6H6O3.
clear and transparent
clear and transparent
clear and transparent
melting point ℃
ignition residue %
Widely used in fine chemicals, used to synthesize new photosensitive materials, food preservation, new drugs for treating cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, new anti-tumor drugs, drugs for treating senile dementia, drugs for treating mental disorders, textile printing and dyeing, light industrialization, color printing plate making, micro Electronics industries, rare metal analysis, gas analysis, and photographic imaging industries absorb carbon monoxide.
1) The pyroic gallic acid is used as an analytical reagent and is used as an oxygen scavenger for gas analysis of coal gas, flue gas, coke gas, water gas, etc. It is an indispensable oxygen removal reagent for nitrogen fertilizer, cokemaking, smelting, and petrochemicals. It is used as a strong reducing agent in the analysis of gold, silver, and mercury salts; it is the best reagent for determining COD in wastewater under strong acid conditions. As an oxygen absorbent, pyrogallic acid can be used for food processing and food preservation to prevent food spoilage. In addition, synthetic resin antioxidants usually contain pyroic acid.
2) Pyrogallic acid can be used as a thermal sensitizer for infrared photography. The thermosensitive latex film is fixed on the film base, dried, and then coated with a layer of photosensitive silver chloride latex film with extremely low concentration. After the infrared exposure, the wet film development is not necessary, and a weak photograph can be displayed on the film. After heat treatment, the dark blue picture is finally displayed. This is a very important photography in national defense. The pyroic gallic acid is also a kind of developer. Its development speed is fast, and it is suitable for high temperature and high pH conditions. ;
3) Pyrogallic acid instead of phenol used in the manufacture of epoxy resin, its nature is more than ordinary epoxy resin;
4) Pyrogallic acid can be used as a polymerization inhibitor and antioxidant. For example, in the styrene-butadiene synthetic rubber as an antioxidant; in the neoprene vulcanizing agent by adding 0.5 to 1% coking gallic acid, can effectively prevent premature vulcanization; add 1.0 to 1.5% of the coke in the polyisoprene rubber Gallic acid can effectively inhibit the oxidative degradation of rubber and improve its processing performance;
5) Anti-fouling agent for PVC polymerization tanks. Before the polymerization reaction, use a cola-containing gallic acid alcohol solution at a dosage of 8.8 g/m to coat the inner wall of the kettle to dry it, which can reduce the PVC's knot on the inner wall of the kettle during the polymerization process. The amount of scale makes the inner wall of the polymerization tank bright as before;
1) For the electroplating solution, adding a proper amount of pyrogallic acid to the neutral electroplating solution can improve the quality of the electroplating product. The adhesion between the coating and the metal is enhanced, so that the plated material is very bright and smooth, and the corrosion resistance of the coating is improved.
2) The characteristic of pyroic gallic acid which is easily oxidized and discolored, and is often used as a dyeing agent for leather, hair, etc.
3) Pyrogallic acid can be used for radioactive element capture and mineral flotation. For example, pyrogallic acid and formaldehyde are condensed in an aqueous solution at 85° C.-90° C. to make an oxidation-reduced exchange resin; the resin can be used to separate radioactive elements Ge68 and Ga67. Using fumed gallic acid and other materials, various fiber materials can be synthesized. These materials contain components capable of forming complexes with metals for extracting heavy metals and rare earth metals from aqueous solutions.
4) Pyrogallic acid is widely used in organic synthesis. For example, it can be mixed with anthraquinone dyes to produce a chemical that can emit light like fireflies. The plastic products made of polycondensation of furfural have a high degree of blackness. Glossy, strong texture, and excellent heat and electrical resistance, can be used as a high-grade electrical insulating material; the hydroxyl group on pyroic gallic acid is methylated to produce 1,2,3-trimethoxybenzene, which is Preparation of an important intermediate for the anti-anginal drug trimethoxybenzazine; synthesis of β-(3,4,5-trimethylphenyl)propionitrile as a bactericide, N-alkyl- or N-aminoalkyl-3 4,5-trimethoxyaniline is used as a surgical treatment agent. Using pyroic gallic acid as the main raw material, chemical intermediates such as 2,3,4-trihydroxybenzophenone and 2,2′,3,4-tetrahydroxybenzophenone can also be prepared, which are being increasingly widely used. In all kinds of high-tech fields. For example, 2,3,4-trihydroxybenzophenone can be used in the manufacture of high-definition photoresists, pharmaceutical intermediates, printing and dyeing auxiliaries, UV absorbers, food industry antioxidants, color imaging aids, and biotechnology. The pyrogallic acid is also the main raw material of Synthetic insecticide Dioxin.